River Cess County
Location in Liberia
|• Superintendent||B. Rancy Ziankahn|
|• Total||5,594 km2 (2,160 sq mi)|
|• Density||12.8/km2 (33/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+0 (GMT)|
River Cess (sometimes spelled Rivercess) is a county in the south-central portion of the West African nation of Liberia. One of 15 counties that comprise the first-level of administrative division in the nation, it has six districts. Cesstos City serves as the capital with the area of the county measuring 5,594 square kilometres (2,160 sq mi). As of the 2008 Census, it had a population of 71,509, making it the third least most populous county in Liberia.
Eighth largest in size, it is bordered by Grand Bassa County to the west, Nimba County on the northeast, and Sinoe County to the southeast. The southern part of River Cess lies on the Atlantic Ocean. Created in 1984, the current County Superintendent is B. Rancy Ziankahn.
- Bearwor District (3,854)
- Central RiverCess District (8,303)
- Doedain District (13,041)
- Fen River District (12,630)
- Jo River District (8,921)
- Norwein District (13,900)
- Sam Gbalor District (3,714)
- Zartlahn District (7,146)
- "2008 National Population and Housing Census" (PDF). Government of the Republic of Liberia. 2008. Retrieved 2010-03-10.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css has no content.
- "River Cess County Development Agenda" (PDF). Republic of Liberia. 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-20.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css has no content.