From World Afropedia
Events from the year 2013 in Algeria:
- 16–19 January – Al-Qaeda-linked terrorists take over 800 people hostage at the Tigantourine gas facility near "In Amenas" in the In Amenas hostage crisis.
- 16-30 March – 2013 African U-20 Championship, the 19th African Youth Championship was held in Algeria, with Egypt winning, and going on to the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- 5 December – High-level Al-Qaeda leader, Khalil Ould Addah, is killed by the Algerian Army. He had been coming from Mali to a meeting with other al-Qaeda leaders.
- 5 November - Abdou Nef, 18, footballer (born 1995)
- 5 December – Khalil Ould Addah, high-level Al-Qaeda leader
- Mainwaring, Jon. "Amenas Hostage Crisis: Oil Workers 'Killed' in Algeria Air Strikes." Rigzone. Rigzone, 17 Jan. 2013. Web. 16 Dec. 2013. <http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/123516/Amenas_Hostage_Crisis_Oil_Workers_Killed_in_Algeria_Air_Strikes>.
- "Orange U-20 Championship Algeria 2013: Draw Result - Orange African Youth Championship 2011 - CAF." Orange U-20 Championship Algeria 2013. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2013. <http://www.cafonline.com/competition/can-u-20_2011/news/16082-orange-u-20-championship-algeria-2013-draw-result.html>.
- Al-Awsat, Asharq. "Official: Algeria Kills High-level Al-Qaeda Leader." ASHARQ ALAWSAT. ASHARQ ALAWSAT, 5 Dec. 2013. Web. 16 Dec. 2013. <http://www.aawsat.net/2013/12/article55324471>.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Template:If then show|Template:If then show]].|
|This Algerian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|