|File:Blockchain.info logo 2014-01-27.png|
|Headquarters||Tortola, British Virgin Islands|
|Launched||August 30, 2011|
Blockchain.info is a popular bitcoin wallet and block explorer service. Launched in August 2011, the service provides data on recent transactions, mined blocks in the bitcoin block chain, charts on the bitcoin economy, and statistics and resources for developers. Information from and links to the website are common in media coverage of bitcoin and in bitcoin forums. The website also provides a secure bitcoin wallet service. The Blockchain.info mobile app for Android allows users to send and receive bitcoins and browse block chain information. In December 2013, the company acquired ZeroBlock LLC, makers of the leading mobile bitcoin app.
Blockchain.info was the world's most visited bitcoin website in 2013, with over 118 million page views and over 3 million unique visitors in November 2013, and in January 2014 Blockchain.info reached one million user wallets for its wallet service.
In February 2014, Apple Inc. removed the Blockchain app from the iOS App Store, prompting a harsh response from Blockchain and public outcry in the bitcoin community, most notably within the Reddit community. In July 2014, Apple reinstated the Blockchain app back into the iOS App Store.
In December 2014, Blockchain.info became one of the first prominent Bitcoin wallets to offer a dedicated hidden service on the Tor network, for users who desire to conduct Bitcoin transactions with greater privacy and lesser third party surveillance, as well as to provide end-to-end encryption for Tor users who were previously vulnerable to malicious exit nodes sniffing their keys and stealing their Bitcoins.
- Shirley Siluk (2013-05-03). "10 brilliant bitcoin sites". CoinDesk. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics". Bitcointalk.org. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Nermin Hajdarbegovic (2014-01-06). "1 Millionth Bitcoin Wallet Created on Blockchain.info". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- David Gilson (2013-06-26). "Review of Blockchain.info Bitcoin Wallet for Android Mobiles". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Jon Southurst (2013-12-24). "Blockchain.info Acquires Bitcoin Price App ZeroBlock". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Jon Southurst (2013-12-20). "Blockchain.info: the World's Most Popular Bitcoin Website and Wallet". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- McMillan, Robert. "Apple Yanks World's Most Popular Bitcoin Wallet From App Store | Wired Enterprise". Wired.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- Jon Southurst. "Apple Removes Blockchain Bitcoin Wallet Apps From its App Stores". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- Pete Rizzo (2014-01-31). "Watch this Bitcoin Fanatic Shoot His iPhone After Apple Blacklists Blockchain". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- Paul Vigna. "Blockchain's Bitcoin App Reinstated in Apple's App Store". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Anonymity Using My Wallet". Blockchain.info. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- Alyson Margaret (2014-12-03). "Improved Security For Tor Users". Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- Nik Cubrilovik (2014-12-03). "Securing Blockchain.info Users With Tor and SSL". Retrieved 2014-12-20.