|Regional Minister||Ama Benyiwa-Doe|
The Central Region is one of Ghana's ten administrative regions. It is bordered by the Ashanti and Eastern regions to the north, Western region to the west, Greater Accra region to the east, and to the south by the Atlantic Ocean.
The Central Region of Ghana comprises the following 17 districts:
- Abura/Asebu/Kwamankese District
- Agona East District
- Agona West Municipal District
- Ajumako/Enyan/Essiam District
- Asikuma/Odoben/Brakwa District
- Assin North Municipal District
- Assin South District
- Awutu-Senya District
- Cape Coast Metropolitan District
- Effutu Municipal District
- Gomoa East District
- Gomoa West District
- Komenda/Edina/Eguafo/Abirem Municipal District
- Mfantsiman Municipal District
- Twifo/Heman/Lower Denkyira District
- Upper Denkyira East District
- Upper Denkyira West District
The Central Region is a hub of education in Ghana, habouring some of the best schools in the country. The region's economy is dominated by farming and fishing. Cape Coast Castle and Elmina Castle are prominent UNESCO World Heritage sites on the shores this region, a powerful reminder of the evils of the slave trade. The Central Region is a major center for tourism within Ghana and it has some of the most beautiful beaches, national parks (Kakum National Park) and small cities in West Africa. American President Barack Obama made his first international trip to the city of Cape Coast in 2009. It is a land of friendly and welcoming people.
Food The Central Region is well know for its varied Fante cuisine. Kenkey and Fufu are both staples which are both eaten with a variety of sauces, stews, and soups. Seafood is commonly eaten across the region.
- "List of All MMDAs in Ghana - Central Region". ghanadistricts.com website. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.
|This Ghana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
bg:Централен регион (Гана) de:Central Region (Ghana) es:Región Central (Ghana) fr:Région du Centre (Ghana) id:Region Tengah (Ghana) it:Regione Centrale (Ghana) nl:Central (Ghana) ja:セントラル州 no:Central Region pl:Region Centralny (Ghana) pt:Central (Gana) ro:Regiunea Orientală, Ghana fi:Centralin hallintoalue (Ghana) sv:Centralregionen (Ghana) tl:Gitnang Rehiyon, Ghana zh:中部地區 (加納)