Location of Katsina State in Nigeria
|Date created||23 September 1987|
| • Governor |
|Ibrahim Shema (PDP)|
|• Total||24,192 km2 (9,341 sq mi)|
|Area rank||17th of 36|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||5th of 36|
|• Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|• Total||$6.02 billion|
|• Per capita||$1,017|
|Time zone||UTC+01 (WAT)|
|ISO 3166 code||NG-KT|
Katsina State is a state in northern Nigeria. Its capital is Katsina, and its governor is Ibrahim Shema, a member of the People's Democratic Party. In 1987, Katsina State was formed from part of Kaduna State.
Local Government Areas
Of Nigeria's 774 Local Government Areas, 34 are in Katsina State. They are:
People from Katsina State
- Mohammed Bello, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- Muhammadu Buhari, former military leader
- Amina Lawal, woman sentenced to death for giving birth to a child outside of wedlock (the sentence was overturned)
- Aliyu Musa, member of the House of Representatives for the Bindawa/Mani constituency
- Shehu Musa Yar'Adua, politician and major general
- Umaru Yar'adua, former President of Nigeria from 2007 to 2010 and former governor; brother of Shehu
- Hamza Rafindadi Zayyad, former head of the Technical Committee on Privatization and Commercialization
- Abdulmuminu Kabir,Emir of Katsina
- Isa Kaita, first northern Nigeria minister of education and speaker of the house of parliament
- Hassan Usman former military vice president and governor of the northern region.
- Mohammed Tukur Liman former senate majority leader.
- Umaru Faruk Abdullahi former president of the Nigerian court of appeal
- "C-GIDD (Canback Global Income Distribution Database)". Canback Dangel. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- Nkromah, Gamal. "Nigeria fastened with nails". Al-Ahram Weekly Online. Al-Ahram Weekly. Retrieved 2007-04-24.
ar:كاتسينا (ولاية) de:Katsina (Bundesstaat) et:Katsina osariik es:Katsina (estado) fr:État de Katsina ko:카치나 주 ha:Jihar Katsina id:Katsina it:Katsina (stato) sw:Katsina (jimbo) mrj:Кацина (штат) nl:Katsina (staat) ja:カツィナ州 pl:Katsina (stan) pt:Katsina (estado) ro:Statul Katsina ru:Кацина fi:Katsina (osavaltio) sv:Katsina (delstat) yo:Ìpínlẹ̀ Kàtsínà zh:卡齐纳州