This article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject.October 2014)(
LakeBTC.com: Bitcoin Exchange
|Limited company (BVI)|
|Thomas Xie, CEO|
|Products||Buy and sell Bitcoins|
|Services||Bitcoin trade |
|Owner||Lake Investments Limited|
LakeBTC project was started in early 2013 as a virtual bitcoin exchange initially for traders and other financial professionals. Later that year, the exchange was incorporated and operated under the current domain name.
The company is based in Shanghai, China, owned by Lake Investments Limited (BVI), supported by Shanghai Trading IT, Inc. Thomas Xie is the CEO. Begun in June 2014, LakeBTC is one of the world's largest exchanges by volume.
In July 2014, LakeBTC has released a "hidden" orderbook feature that it calls its "darkpool", designed to protect investors against "financial predators" waiting to exploit the price distortions created by big trades. Then, they Launched the LakeTrader to help users traded Bitcoin more easily.
Just like Bitstamp, LakeBTC is also Ripple Gateway of IRBA, meaning that users no longer have to wire fiat money LakeBTC's account, Investing commented that "This development should allow more participants into the Bitcoin market, especially those with no access to a bank account."
- "About LakeBTC". LakeBTC. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "LakeBTC CEO Interview by CoinTelegraph". CoinTelegraph. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- "LakeBTC cracks the top four USD-exchanges". Coindesk. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- "How Bitcoin Brokers Trade Millions Without an Exchange". Coindesk. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "LakeBTC Exchange Launches Browser-based Bitcoin Trading App". Nermin Hajdarbegovic. Retrieved August 20, 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "RIPPLE" defined multiple times with different content
- "International Ripple Gateway Association". Ripple Labs. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- "LakeBTC Exchange Lets Users Bypass Bank Transfers with Ripple". Coindesk. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
|This finance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|