This is a list of people killed by non-military law enforcement officers in December 2014, whether in the line of duty or not, and regardless of reason or method. The listing documents the occurrence of a death, making no implications regarding either wrongdoing or justification on the part of the person killed or the officer involved. Killings are arranged by date of incident which caused death. Different death dates are, if known, noted in the description.
For lists of killings from other years, see List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States.
|Date||Name (Age)||State (City)||Description|
|2014-12-05||Folsom, Joseph Glenn, Jr., (61)||South Carolina (Camden)||Folsom was shot and killed at his home by a U.S. Marshall seeking to arrest him for an outstanding bench warrant. The South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division is investigating.|
|2014-12-05||Unidentified (??)||California (Hollywood)||Responding to a report of an assault, LAPD officers confronted a man with a pocket knife. When he approached the officers, they shot him and killed him.|
|2014-12-04||Cordero-Rivera, Alejandro (32)||Florida (Orlando)||Cordero-Rivera was shot in front of his home when police saw a gun with him in his parked car. The Orlando Police Department issued the statement, "Due to the perceived deadly threat, one of the detectives removed his weapon from its holster and shot the suspect."|
|2014-12-04||Honea, William Lee (33)||Oklahoma (Grant)||After a high-speed chase, the suspect got out of the car with a rifle. An exchange of shots followed and two Choctaw County Sheriff's Deputies killed the suspect.|
|2014-12-04||Martinez, Raymond Keith (51)||Louisiana (West Monroe)||Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office shot and killed a homeless alcoholic Vietnam veteran. "He said when he wasn't drinking he had to remember and he didn't want to remember. He never bothered anybody," said local residents.|
|2014-12-04||Moller, Karin (55)||Maine (South Berwick)||York and South Berwick officers both opened fire on a suicidal woman who they say pointed a gun at them. Fearing that she posed a danger to the public or might initiate a high-speed chase, police used a spike mat to deflated her tires.|
|2014-12-02||Jones, William (50)||North Carolina (Red Springs)||Two Robeson County Sheriff's deputies used a stun gun on Jones who was found by them walking erratically and without a shirt. Authorities said Jones was uncooperative.|
|2014-12-02||Brisbon, Rumain (34)||Arizona (Phoenix)||A police officer who was feeling threatened used lethal force on an unarmed man. The incident left the officer unharmed and Brisbon, 34, dead with two bullet wounds in his torso. |
|2014-12-02||Unidentified (??)||Texas (Fort Worth)||A Fort Worth police officer is on leave after shooting a man who police say had entered a retail store with a screwdriver and a baseball bat.|
|2014-12-02||Unidentified (??)||California (Los Angeles)|||
|2014-12-01||Pepper, John Earl (45)||South Carolina (Anderson County)||Having been called for a welfare check on a dangerous man, police surrounded the home. When the man broke a window and pointed a gun at police, he was shot.|
|2014-12-01||Price, Lincoln (24)||Oklahoma (Oklahoma City)||According to police, during a traffic stop officers were trying to take into custody two passengers with outstanding warrants. Price got out of the car and began shooting. The officers returned fire, killing him.|
|2014-12-01||Rodriquez, Rosendo Gino (49)||Texas (Midland)||Police found a machete-wielding man in a home they had entered. Failing to subdue him by firing bean bags and after one officer had been hit with the flat side of the machete blade, they fired their guns, killing him.|
|2014-12-01||Unidentified (??)||Texas (Harris)||Two Harris County Sheriff deputies say they shot and killed a suspicious male between 20 and 30. He carried no identification.|
- Saavedra, Lara. "SLED investigating officer-involved shooting in Camden". WISTV.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ryan, Kennedy. "Man Allegedly Armed With Knife Fatally Shot by LAPD Officers at Hollywood and Highland". KTLA5. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Cocca, Christina. "Police Shoot, Kill Man With Pocket Knife Near Hollywood Walk of Fame". NBCLosAngeles.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Orlando burglary suspect dies after police shooting". Orlando Sentinal. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "UPDATE: Suspect killed outside Choctaw Casino in Grant, Okla. identified". KTen.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Officer-involved shooting in West Monroe". KNOE.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "West Monroe Police Officer On Leave After Fatal Shooting". myarklamiss.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Officer-involved shooting at West Monroe store". MySA.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Woman shot by police in South Berwick after pointing gun at officer". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Man dies after being shot with stun gun by deputies". WNCN.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Philip, Angel. "Phoenix police: Officer shoots, kills man at apartment complex". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Emechebe, O. "Man killed by Phoenix police identified". SunTimes Phoenix. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Limon, Janice. "Fort Worth police fatally shoot robbery suspect". Star Telegram. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "LAPD Kills Armed Man After He Stabs Woman". ABC7.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Limon, Janice. "Sheriff: Suicidal man points gun at deputies; Deputy fires shot". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Medley, Robert. "UPDATE: One dead, one Oklahoma City police officer shot in shootout, police say". NewsOK. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "Police release names of officers, suspect in Monday night shooting". KOCO.com. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Duvall, Tessa. "UPDATED: City releases name of deceased man involved in today's shooting". Midland Reporter Telegram. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Glenn, Michael. "1 dead in officer-involved shooting in NW Harris". The Houston Chronicle. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Campion, Steve. "Witness Describes Scene During Deputy Involved Shooting in NW Harris Co". ABC13.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.