The arondissement consists of the following communes:
2010 7.0 Earthquake
On 12 January 2010, a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck in the arrondissement, the largest in Haiti in two centuries.  The city of Port-au-Prince suffered much damage, and estimates of upwards of 50,000 deaths, with many facilities destroyed. In Pétionville, the earthquake collapsed a hospital in the city.  In Carrefour, half of the buildings were destroyed in the worst-affected areas. Roughly half the structures were destroyed in Gressier.
- Institut Haïtien de Statistique et d'Informatique (IHSI), 7 August 2003.
- CNN News Morning, 13 January 2010
- CNN, "The Situation Room", 15 January 2010
- "Haitian Earthquake Causes Hospital Collapse". The New York Times. 12 January 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.[dead link]
- ABC News, 'Haiti Disaster Like "No Other"', AFP, Lisa Millar, 17 January 2010 (accessed 17 January 2010)
|This Haitian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
da:Port-au-Prince (arrondissement) fr:Arrondissement de Port-au-Prince it:Arrondissement di Port-au-Prince ht:Pòtoprens (awondisman) nl:Port-au-Prince (arrondissement) ja:ポトプランス郡 pt:Porto Príncipe (arrondissement)