It is situated north-east of the country on the Tshopo River, for which it is named.
From 1963-1966, the area was constituted as the province of Haut-Congo. It was remerged into Orientale, Congo in 1966 as, separately, the district of Tshopo and the city of Kisangani.
Heads of government
Presidents, later governors, of Haut-Congo
- Jun 1963 - 26 Jun 1963 Georges Grenfell (b. 1908)
- 26 Jun 1963 - 1964 Paul Isombuma
- 1964 - Aug 1964 François Aradjabu
- Aug 1964 - 5 Nov 1966 Jean Marie Alamazani
- 14 September 2005 Maurice Tony Ngoy
|This Democratic Republic of the Congo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
bg:Чопо de:Tshopo es:Tshopo fr:Tshopo (province Constitution 2005) sw:Mkoa wa Tshopo hu:Tshopo tartomány nl:Tshopo no:Tshopo pl:Tshopo pt:Tshopo ro:Provincia Tshopo ru:Чопо sv:Tshopo wa:Province del Tshopo war:Tshopo (lalawigan) zh:乔波省