This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)
UTC+08:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +08:00. In ISO 8601 the associated time would be written as 2021-10-23UTC17:03:50+08:00.
With an estimated population of 1.53 billion living within the time zone, roughly 22.5% of the world population, it is the most populous time zone in world, as well as a possible candidate for ASEAN Common Time.
This time zone is used in all Chinese-speaking countries, giving Chinese Wikipedia and other international Chinese websites the same time.
As standard time (all year round)
- People's Republic of China (Mainland) - China Standard Time (Beijing Time), also
- Republic of China (Taiwan) - Taiwan Standard Time
- Indonesia (Central Areas)
- Singapore - Singapore Standard Time
- Malaysia - Malaysia Standard Time
- Brunei - Brunei Darussalam Standard Time
- Philippines - Philippines Standard Time
- Mongolia (most of the country)
- Australia (AWST - Australian Western Standard Time)
As standard time (Northern hemisphere winter)
As daylight saving time (Northern hemisphere summer)
Discrepancies between official UTC+08 and geographical UTC+08
Areas located within UTC+08 longitudes using other time zones
The western parts of Korea, including the cities Pyongyang and Seoul.
Areas located outside UTC+08 longitudes using UTC+08 time
Areas between 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E ("physical" UTC+09)
- Parts of eastern China including the eastern end of Heilongjiang province.
- Easternmost parts of Western Australia.
Areas between 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07)
- Parts of China, including Guangxi Province and Hainan Island.
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar.
- Peninsular Malaysia.
- Western part of Borneo Island including the western part of Sarawak, Malaysia.
Areas between 82°30′ E and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06)
- Parts of China, including most of Xinjiang province (although most locals observe UTC+06 even if it is officially UTC+08) and most of Tibet.
- Western Mongolia.
Areas between 67°30′ E and 82°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05)
- Parts of western China including western Xinjiang province (although most locals observe UTC+06 even if it is officially UTC+08).
- Time in Australia
- Time in Indonesia
- Time in Malaysia
- Philippine Standard Time
- Time in Russia
- Time in Singapore
- Time in China, China standard time
af:UTC+8 az:UTC+08:00 be:UTC+8 be-x-old:UTC+8 bg:UTC+8 de:UTC+8 es:Huso horario#UTC+08:00, H fr:UTC+8 ko:UTC+08 hr:UTC+8 id:UTC+8 it:UTC+8 ku:UTC+8 lv:UTC+8 lt:UTC+8 ms:UTC+8 mn:UTC+8 nl:UTC+8 ja:UTC+8 no:UTC+8 pl:UTC+8:00 pt:UTC+8 ru:UTC+8 simple:UTC+8 sr:UTC+8 sh:UTC+8 uk:UTC+8 vi:UTC+8 zh-yue:UTC+8 zh:UTC+8